News: Daddy Showkey shares the story of how he uncovered his musical talent


Veteran Nigerian singer, John Odafe Asiemo, popularly known as Daddy Showkey, has shared the story of how he discovered his musical talent. In a recent interview on the 'The Honest Bunch' podcast, the 'Ghetto Soldier' recounted that he decided to pursue music after receiving a suggestion while working as a ticketer in a motor park.

Initially skeptical about the idea, Daddy Showkey eventually tried singing and was pleasantly surprised by the positive reception from his audience. Reflecting on this pivotal moment, he said:

"I was working in the motor park as a ticketer when someone told me I have a good voice and that I should consider becoming a musician. At first, I was skeptical because I didn’t know how to sing but when I attempted it, I discovered that everyone liked it so that was how I became a musician."

Addressing a different aspect of the conversation, Daddy Showkey also touched on the issue of young artists not acknowledging the contributions of music legends to their careers. He expressed a lack of interest in taking credit for paving the way for emerging artists, highlighting a humility and focus on the craft that has defined his career over the years.

Post a Comment

Your comment is highly welcome

Now it's easier to drop your comments

Just write your name and write your comment then Publish...!!!

Previous Post Next Post