Music: Simi has announced her fifth album, titled "Lost and Found".


Simi Announces Her Fifth Album, "Lost and Found"

Nigerian singer-songwriter and music producer, Simi, has officially announced the upcoming release of her fifth studio album, titled *Lost and Found*. The album is slated for release on July 5, 2024. Simi revealed this exciting news on her X account, where she also shared insights into the inspiration behind the project. According to the artist, *Lost and Found* symbolizes a journey of self-discovery and reconnection with her passion for music, melody, and love stories.

Simi explained that the album represents her reclaiming parts of herself that she feared were lost. "For most of my life, I have enjoyed the privilege of knowing myself deeply, unwaveringly, truly. In more recent years, I have also endured the discomfort of losing myself. Sometimes, to make room for something else that I needed to be – other times, because I could not, for the life of me, find my way. I felt like a stranger to myself. This version of me has been the hardest one to look at in the mirror," she reflected.

She further elaborated that creating this album has been a therapeutic process, helping her to rediscover parts of her identity that had been obscured. "Making this album is a symbol of finding parts of myself again that I hoped I hadn’t lost permanently. I don’t believe that we ever stop finding ourselves. If you’re willing to look, there’s always more. This is a tribute to the things we continue to find and rediscover."

Simi also highlighted that her music is deeply personal and comes from a place of self-expression. "When I sing, I do it first for me, then for you. In this order, because I cannot give what I do not have. *Lost and Found* is about me reclaiming my chemistry with music, melody, and love stories. I hope you feel it too when you listen. I hope you enjoy it, regardless of the journey that brought it to you. Experience it, knowing that nobody can bring you what I can. What I have. What I will. Glory to God."

*Lost and Found* follows Simi's previous successful releases, including tracks like “Men Are Crazy”, “Stranger”, and “Borrow Me Your Baby”. This new album marks her first major project since the release of her 2022 album, *To Be Honest*. Simi’s fans eagerly await the new music, anticipating a blend of introspection and artistry that she is renowned for.

Post a Comment

Your comment is highly welcome

Now it's easier to drop your comments

Just write your name and write your comment then Publish...!!!

Previous Post Next Post